Watkins provides confidential examinations, treatment and preventive care for students as well as answers to questions about pregnancy, sex, reproductive health and numerous other topics.
Women's Health Services
We offer a variety of services for students who identify as women and all students who were assigned female at birth including:
- Complete exams when indicated per current guidelines
- Pap smears and other health maintenance testing
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Contraceptive counseling/management
- Evaluation of:
- Menstrual concerns
- Vaginal symptoms/concerns
- Urinary symptoms/UTI
- Pelvic pain
- Breast symptoms/concerns
- Management and treatment of abnormal pap tests including colposcopy, biopsy and cryosurgery
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil)
- Pregnancy detection
- Options counseling
- Contraception available at Watkins Health Services, including:
- Intrauterine Device (IUD) - Skyla, Kyleena, Mirena, Paragard
- Emergency contraception
Women's Health Appointments
When setting your appointment, have your class schedule available as well as your KU ID number. It is important to be specific about your needs so that you can be scheduled with the appropriate healthcare provider for the necessary amount of time.
Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to accommodate for parking, possible lines and to complete the registration process. Patients arriving past their appointment time may be rescheduled.
Please check-in at the registration desk on the main floor. When checking in, you will be asked for your KU ID card (or other government-issued photo ID) and current insurance card if you would like Watkins Health Services to bill your health insurance. Health insurance is not required, but a photo ID is required.
Charges for Women's Health
Some of these services are covered by the campus health fee but others do incur a charge. If this is a concern, we can arrange for an estimate to be made before services are rendered.