Class Note Policy
Watkins can provide a class note when a student has seen one of our providers and missed class or work as a result of a medical condition. WHS does not write class notes for conditions not evaluated by one of our providers.
If your professor or work supervisor expects a “Class Note” because you missed or will miss class or work due to illness or injury, you may request a free “Appointment Confirmation Letter” which provides:
- The Date & Time of your appointment plus the Time you checked in for your appointment.
- Any instructions given to you by the provider, such as “stay home until fever-free for 24 hours,” “stay home until rash has cleared,” “patient is contagious for 48 hours,” etc.
- An original signature of the person who provides you the letter plus an embossed stamp to validate the authenticity of the letter.
To obtain an Appointment Confirmation Letter:
- A Watkins provider must have seen and treated you for this illness or injury. We cannot provide a letter after the fact if you were not seen here.
- Our letter does NOT excuse your absence. It documents that you were treated at Watkins for your illness or injury. Only your professor or work supervisor can excuse your absence.
- You have a choice for delivery of the letter: In-person at Watkins (free), or by USPS mail (for a $10 fee). We will not email or fax it to you out of privacy concerns.
If you qualify for a letter (per above), you can request one at the Registration Desk.