Faculty and Staff Services
Watkins Health Services operates an IMMEDIATE CARE CLINIC for employed KU faculty and staff. Please click on the link for details.
Although Watkins Health Services primarily attends to students, University of Kansas employees have in the past and currently are entitled to use the following services:
- ALLERGY INJECTIONS / IMMUNIZATIONS are available to faculty and staff who bring the appropriate allergen and instructions from his/her allergist.
- ATHLETIC TRAINING offers evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries/disorders.
- FLU SHOTS are available to all faculty and staff members.
- LABORATORY performs most tests ordered by your physician.
- PHARMACY fills prescriptions from private physicians and provides over the counter medications and other products.
- PHYSICAL THERAPY services are available from LMH Health.
- RADIOLOGY performs noninvasive diagnostic x-rays ordered by your physician.
- SPORTS MEDICINE services are available from OrthoKansas.
- TOBACCO CESSATION support is available through a six week in-person program that includes nicotine replacement therapy.
- TRAVEL HEALTH appointments are available to identify risks and provide necessary immunizations and medications for international travel.
Watkins is in-network with the companies found on our Business & Insurance Office page. To be sure that Watkins is considered in-network with the individual’s insurance plan, their Customer Service should be contacted about their coverage for services at Watkins. Any charges for these services will be billed to the individual or to an insurance company with the exception of Medicare, Medicaid, HealthWave or other similar government-sponsored plans. If an individual has this coverage, they be responsible for paying all WHS charges.