Watkins Health Services operates an IMMEDIATE CARE CLINIC for employed KU faculty and staff. Please click on the link for details.
Although Watkins Health Services primarily attends to students, University of Kansas employees have in the past and currently are entitled to use the following services:
- ALLERGY INJECTIONS / IMMUNIZATIONS are available to faculty and staff who bring the appropriate allergen and instructions from his/her allergist.
- ATHLETIC TRAINING offers evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries/disorders.
- FLU SHOTS are available to all faculty and staff members.
- LABORATORY performs most tests ordered by your physician.
- MASSAGE THERAPY provides professional massage services.
- PHARMACY fills prescriptions from private physicians and provides over the counter medications and other products.
- RADIOLOGY performs noninvasive diagnostic x-rays ordered by your physician.
- TOBACCO CESSATION support is available through a six week in-person program that includes nicotine replacement therapy.
- TRAVEL CLINIC is available to identify risks and provide necessary immunizations and medications for international travel.
Watkins is in-network with the companies found on our Business & Insurance Office page. To be sure that Watkins is considered in-network with the individual’s insurance plan, their Customer Service should be contacted about their coverage for services at Watkins. Any charges for these services will be billed to the individual or to an insurance company with the exception of Medicare, Medicaid, HealthWave or other similar government-sponsored plans. If the individual has this coverage, he or she will be responsible for paying all WHS charges.
Orthopedic Services are also available to faculty and staff.