Our Gynecology clinic is staffed by a board-certified physician, Dr. Joy Murphy, and a nurse practitioner, Kathy Guth, who is board certified in Women's Health. We also have registered nurses available to answer questions about contraception and other concerns.
We provide a variety of services including:
- Complete annual physical exams including breast exam, gynecological exam, pap smears and other health maintenance testing as needed
- Testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Contraceptive counseling/management
- Evaluation of:
- Menstrual concerns
- Urinary tract infections
- Pelvic pain
- Sexual concerns
- Management and treatment of abnormal pap tests including colposcopy, biopsy and cryosurgery
- HPV vaccine (Gardasil)
- Pregnancy detection
- Preconception counseling and testing
- Options counseling
- Contraception available at Watkins Health Services, including:
- Intrauterine Device (IUD)
- Emergency contraception
*PLEASE NOTE: Some of these services are covered by the campus health fee but others do incur a charge. If this is a concern, we can arrange for an estimate to be made before services are rendered.
When setting your appointment, have your class schedule available as well as your KU ID number. It is important to be specific about your needs so that you can be scheduled with the appropriate health care provider for the necessary amount of time.
Please check in at the registration desk on the main floor, then proceed to the Women's Health clinic on the second floor of Watkins Health Center.
Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to accommodate for parking, possible lines and to complete the registration process. Patients arriving past their appointment time may be rescheduled.
When checking in, you will be asked for your KU ID card (or other government-issued photo ID) and current insurance card if you would like Watkins Health Services to bill your health insurance. Health insurance is not required, but a photo ID is required.