Watkins “Class Note” Policy
If your professor or work supervisor expects a “Class Note” because you missed or will miss class or work due to illness or injury, you may request a free “Appointment Confirmation Letter” (ACL) from Watkins which provides:
- The Date & Time of your appointment plus the Time you checked in for your appointment
- The instructions given to you by the provider (if any), such as “Stay home until fever free for 24 hours,” “Stay home until rash has cleared,” “Patient is contagious for 48 hours,” etc.
- An original signature of the person who provides you the ACL plus an embossed stamp to validate the authenticity of the letter.
To obtain an ACL:
- A Watkins provider must have seen and treated you for this illness or injury. We cannot provide a Letter after the fact if you were not seen here. If you were seen outside of Watkins or you did not visit one of our providers, we cannot provide a letter.
- Our letter does NOT excuse your absence. It documents that you were treated at Watkins for your illness or injury. Only your professor or work supervisor can excuse your absence.
- You have a choice of delivery of the ACL: In-person at Watkins (free), or by USPS mail (for a $10 fee). We will not email or fax it to you out of privacy concerns.
NOTE: Please do NOT make an appointment with a Watkins provider after-the-fact JUST to ask for this Appointment Confirmation Letter. If you qualify for a letter (per above), you can ask the Check-In desk staff for a letter.